- The Cathedral is open for visits from 9.30 am until 12.30 pm and from 1.30 pm until 4.30 pm.
- Most schools come for half a day, usually in the morning.
- The Cathedral has excellent wheelchair access.
- Visits consist of a number of workshops and other sessions (for instance, looking at vestments or climbing the Tower).
- These can be combined to suit the time available for your visit and the needs and interests of the children - every visit is different.
- A member of the Education team can come and visit your class to prepare for or to follow up a visit. You can find out in advance what to look for, or you can quiz one of the clergy afterwards.
The Cathedral promotes understanding among faiths and has good relations with interfaith partners.
We are very happy to work with the Open Centre and with other places of worship in the city.
A Christian/Muslim trail round the Cathedral is available, looking at similarities and differences between religious practices and beliefs.
"The visit was a marvellous hook for our sixty Y1 children's follow up learning"